Since opening was slow today, I thought I'd straighten the shelves and try shelving the few books left on the cart. As I straightened the shelves in just the JUV section, it would seem that EVERY book that was overloading the cart yesterday was shelved in the wrong place.
It would appear some of the volunteers were just grabbing books and sticking them wherever there was room, whether or not the books belonged there. The cart is again overloaded.
Please send volunteers to me for shelf testing before allowing them to put ANY books up, please.
On a side note, please do NOT remove the book ends in the JUV NON-FICTION section. The books are separated into neat blocks of books, and it's impossible to keep them standing if people keep removing them when it gets a little tight. If it gets tight in a shelving area, look for out-of-place books, as this is usually the culprit.
Thanks,
Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment