SWX 832-393-2660--- MON 11-6--- TUE 12-8-- WED 10-6-- THU 11-6-- FRI 1-5-- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed----- WAL 832-393-2500--- MON Closed--- TUE 10-6-- WED 10-6-- THU 12-8-- FRI 1-5--- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hello everyone!

This is Alma Chavarria,   your Juvenile Selector from Library Materials Services!  I know some of you, but hope to meet everyone at the Youth Services Meeting this Friday.  I look forward to working on your collection needs and hope to eventually visit each branch to see your youth services area and speak with each of you personally.

However, for now, I have an update on those paperback picture books that come with stickers inside, i.e. Thomas the Tank Engine, Barbie, etc.

You have two options:

1.   CAREFULLY remove the stickers if you and your staff feel you can do so without  damaging the book. Use the stickers as incentives, giveaways, or discard them. That is your call.
2.    Leave the stickers in the book to be removed by the first child or parent to want them.

There are pros and cons to either option, but considering the shelf life of these items, Sally Bates and I felt these were the easiest options for everyone.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, please feel free to call or email.

See you Friday.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Alma Chavarria, Librarian III
Juvenile Selector- Library Materials Services
500 McKinney
Houston TX 77002

832.393.1478

No comments: