SWX 832-393-2660--- MON 11-6--- TUE 12-8-- WED 10-6-- THU 11-6-- FRI 1-5-- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed----- WAL 832-393-2500--- MON Closed--- TUE 10-6-- WED 10-6-- THU 12-8-- FRI 1-5--- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Green World

For Your Consideration:

Maybe it's just me, but I suspect that you too might agree. I think that implementations toward a greener workplace is swell idea, and high time!

Here's my initial foray: stale Doritos. If, like me a couple days ago, you tried the ones that occupy some not inconsiderable space in our breakroom cabinet, you almost certainly exclaimed, "YUCK!" Indeed, they have gone irreversibly stale, thus rendering them virtually plasticine, and making our snacks effectively worthless.

Not so fast...

I propose that instead of throwing away the stale Doritos, why not put them to good use? Nay, to green use, if you like. I have discovered that stale Doritos make excellent name badges. Here, I'll grant that they aren't the ideal medium, e. g., I'm not sure we could print our photos on them and the lamination options are limited. But, until Frito Lay makes a square Dorito, don't judge.

What follows is a prototype, which perhaps by definition means it's crude. It's a start, though, an earnest one at that. Ta-Da:



Please, share your ideas.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

They can also be used for crafts...maybe the kids can make Doritos Necklaces!!!

Staff said...

Why, that's a wooooooooooonderful idea!

But tell me this, "John":

how is itgreen, man?

Plus, you know kids. They'll eat anything. Even stale Dorito necklaces. Again, great idea which, unfortunately, has "lawsuit" written all over it.

Staff said...

Hmmm that does make sense however if you use recycled gum from under the desktops in the teen room it can be classified as going "green" If they eat the chips that's on them!!

Staff said...

What if we dipped them in polyurethane first? Cuz I think John is on to something here. And besides, having Free Craft Supplies is almost as good as having Free Service Providers.

Staff said...

Can we dip our Free Service Provider in polyurethane? Just not sure about the "green" aspect of this idea. I dunno, what do you guys think?

Staff said...

Well, dipping our FSP in polyurethane would allow us to add an art installation to our space, without appreciably increasing our carbon footprint.

Staff said...

Hey, leave my Free Service Provider alone.

Staff said...

No.

Staff said...

I'll get the polyurethane. How many gallons do you think we need?

Staff said...

A couple of fifty-five gallon drums oughta do the trick.