Hello,
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!
It's that time of year again to party, party, party. Please join us at Express Southwest for lots of food and fun on Wednesday, December 17 at 11:00. If you are able to attend please bring a dish of food.
Thanks,
Dionne
11 comments:
Thuy will made Spring Rolls.
Hey everyone - gator on a stick!
Anyone know where I can pick up a gator to feed approximately fifteen?
I will bring the dipping sauce for the "gator on a stick". Does everyone like ranch?
I hear they have a pretty good selection of gators down at Brazos Bend State Park. They haven't been picked over by everyone and their brother like those gators in New Orleans.
Concerning that gator dipping sauce, ranch just seems perfect, for whatever reason. So, ranch it is. Thanks in advance for bringing gator sauce.
Bayou Bend State Park, huh? Well, since I'm sitting here bored on my day off, may as well go down and load up the trunk with gators. Maybe some squirrels, too.
Where can I pick up some sticks?
Does it matter what kind of sticks are used? I have alot of popsicle sticks in the supply closet. Almost forgot, who is bringing the nutria, found a great recipe online today.
Heart Healthy "Crock-Pot" Nutria
2 hind saddle portions of nutria meat
1 tomato, cut in big wedges
2 carrots, sliced thin
1/2 cup white wine
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 cup demi glace (optional)
1 small onion, sliced thin
2 potatoes, sliced thin
Brussel sprouts
1 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
Layer onion, tomato, potatoes, carrots and Brussel sprouts in crock pot. Season nutria with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and place nutria over vegetables. Add wine and water, set crock pot on low and let cook until meat is tender. Cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours. Garnish with vegetables and demi glace (4 servings).
Do you get your nutria at HEB or Randalls? And is it local Keegan's Bayou Nutria, or imported from out of state? Because I've found that the local nutrias have the most tender meat.
Would u believe HEB and Randall's were out of nutria?
That's it, I'm a vegetarian now.
Just don't tell me that there's a vegetarian nutria substitute. You know, for those reluctant converts to vegetarianism, those who would have made the change years ago, if it weren't nutria. Call it "Tofutria" if you've just gotta call it something.
Succulent, succulent nutria.
I'm sure HEB is restocked by now, Don. We probably need about one nutria hindquarter per person, and two for James. Thanks for volunteering!
My pleasure, anonymous poster! Boy, you all'd better bring your appetites because Don's bringing a big ol' pot o' Loo-zee-anner swamp rat stew!
Post a Comment