SWX 832-393-2660--- MON 11-6--- TUE 12-8-- WED 10-6-- THU 11-6-- FRI 1-5-- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed----- WAL 832-393-2500--- MON Closed--- TUE 10-6-- WED 10-6-- THU 12-8-- FRI 1-5--- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Technology Classes Project

At our last meeting, Edward expressed the need to have clear objectives and evaluations for all our computer classes. Due to this need to improve our PowerPoint comp class presentations, I’ve been asked by Edward and Thuy to organize a project to modify all presentations. Because of the size of the project (over 20 classes) I’m requesting volunteers to assist in the project.

What does the project entail? I and Wasif have been redefining the objectives of all the Presentations. The objectives, usually at the beginning of the presentation, will now be called: “At the end of this class you should be able to:”

Please email me if you can help, then you will:

1) Receive the presentation through your email as an attachment.
2) Make sure the presentation directly teaches all of the objectives. If
not, you should create more slides or modify them.
3) Save the edited presentation as “New….” (ex: NewGoogle)
4) Create a set of YES/NO questions on a Word document that reflects
the objectives of the presentation and save as “EvalNew…” (ex: EvalNewGoogle)
5) Email the Presentation and the Word doc back to me.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
Thank you for your help,
Aaron

3 comments:

Staff said...

I will be happy to assist you with this, Aaron.

Here's a point of concern: classes should begin with the objectives clearly stated, and perhaps each should be repeated during its instructional segment.

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Don

Staff said...

I'll help.

Eric

Staff said...

Hey Aaron,

I've looked at the objectives for the Digital Cameras class. What do you think of these:

- name the advantages of a digital camera
- name the differences among camera types
- name the importance and use of a memory card
- name the basic functions of a digital camera
- connect the camera and transfer pictures to a computer

Note that each objective asks that the students doing something tangible (ie, "name," "connect," "transfer.")

Let me know what you think.

Don