SWX 832-393-2660--- MON 11-6--- TUE 12-8-- WED 10-6-- THU 11-6-- FRI 1-5-- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed----- WAL 832-393-2500--- MON Closed--- TUE 10-6-- WED 10-6-- THU 12-8-- FRI 1-5--- SAT 10-5-- SUN Closed

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Results of Wacom Tablet Trial Run

As you all probably know, Express Southwest recently received a big ol' box of Wacom Tablets. They look to be a lot of fun to use, but my experience with them can be best characterized as vexing. I'd hoped to do some photo editing as I ordinarily do, only this time with aid of the tablet, and post the results. It was like trying to write a check with my foot.

Has anybody here used one extensively? Even somewhat extensively? If so, can you show me what to do?

Thanks,

Don

5 comments:

Staff said...

What IS a Wacom Tablet?

Staff said...

There is an extensive tutorial available on the installation disc that shows you the basics of how to use the tablet. I am not sure what it is you are trying to do with it but it should answer your basic questions.

Staff said...

Installation schminstillation, how hard should it be to apply pen to pad? How extensive does it need to be?

I'll consult the disk. Could be a life changer.

Staff said...

It just takes practice. The first week I used it, everything looked like I had written it with the benefit of copious amounts of alcohol. It also helps to make sure that the tablet is oriented the same way as your screen.

Staff said...

Look presumed Rachel, booze and technology - that's a gamble no one can afford to take. Are you cataloging books under the influence, too?

I don't like what I see, presumed Rachel. I'm just going to come out and say it: you're on the road to ruin. Today Wacom tablet - tomorrow?

Girl:

put down the bottle, pick up the phone, dial a friend, get on the mend.